- Established in 2016 to participate in energy projects in South Africa and on the African continent.
- Tosaco Energy is a majority black owned and controlled independent upstream company.
- A certified level 2 BBBEEE company.
- Anchored by upstream oil and gas professionals with a proven track record in the South Africa and African oil and gas sector.
- Has the technical ability and resources to operate and manage onshore and offshore upstream assets.
The current shareholders of Tosaco Energy are Kilimanjaro Capital (Pty) Ltd, Sakhumnotho Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd and management.
Kilimanjaro Capital (“KiliCap”) is an 81% majority black owned and controlled empowerment investment holding company seeking suitable investments with above average market returns. KiliCap aims to unlock value through careful deal selection that offer initial discounts, above average returns or exits that offer great upside opportunities. KiliCap is anchored by investment professionals with a proven track record in the empowerment and investment arena in South Africa.
Sakhumnotho Group Holdings (Proprietary) Limited was founded in late 2000 by a group of four black professionals with experience and expertise in financial services, legal services, merchant and investment banking. The company initially focused on corporate advisory services and consulting, focusing mainly on structuring black empowerment transactions, valuations, due diligence, capital raising and documentation.
From 2004 the company changed its focus from being an advisory services firm to being a diversified investment holding company with interest in financial services, mining, properties, oil and gas, education, surveillance, security systems, ICT and other strategic investments.
- Dr Kinesh Pather,
- Mr Sipho Mseleku,
- Mr Thato Mashao, and
- Mr Bradley Cerff
Management and Technical Team
- Mr Bradley Cerff,
- Mr Lot Magosha CA(SA),
- Mr Obayd Joseph
- Mr Ronnie Mulaudzi,
- Mr William ‘Bill’ McAloon